|October 25, 2008, 05:56 PM
OK, I saw the trailer
and I'm actually excited. Underworld: Evolution was largely a piece of crap and it felt like anything that followed it would most likely share that attribute. I was a little doubtful when I first saw the trailer on Apple's RSS feed, but watched it anyway.
The good things:
- no more vampire/werewolf hybrids (well, most likely not. at least not in main parts. hopefully)
- set in the Dark Ages (a prequel)
- tells the story of Lucian and Sonja, which in the first movie seemed like it might well be interesting
The bad things:
- first-time director: Patrick Tatopoulos (might not be that bad, though)
- Bill Nighy (I don't think he can act. the movies I've seen him in (Shaun of the Dead, Underworld, Pirates of the Caribbean), it seemed like he was acting the same character, just in different points of his life. the mannerisms were the same, which bothered me greatly. but the thought of a zombie-vampire-tentacle-monstrosity is kind of interesting)
- Kevin Grevioux (original idea & co-writer of the first movie) isn't writing
However, Kevin Grevioux will be adapting the movie as a comic mini-series. I'll definitely want to read that.
© Midianian, 2008—2013
Powered by Nouz